Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat

When the Product Junkie Diva recommends a product, I don’t hesitate jumping into the PBW-mobile and burning up my $4.09 a gallon gas searching for it.

Luckily, I found an 8.5-ounce tube of the PJD-approved Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat for $14.99 at my local Walmart’s styling salon.

My plan was to have my stylist use it on me during my next visit. However, my eight-weeks-post-relaxer-on-a-short-style hair couldn’t wait that long. It was so kinky – okay, downright nappy - just looking at a comb gave me a headache.

Then I remembered PJD’s blog post mentioning it could be used on dry hair.

“What the hell?” I figured. “It can’t make it any worse.”

I applied the conditioner to my nape and sides, where the new growth was most visible (and annoying). I gave the treated areas a few brush strokes and tied it all down with a scarf.

The next morning, I removed the scarf and the treated areas were so smooth I had to re-read the ingredients on the tube to make sure it wasn’t a relaxer!!!!

Still, it couldn’t be that good, could it?

I gave it the fine-tooth comb test to make sure. The comb glided effortlessly through my nape and sides.

I’m very impressed and looking forward to trying Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat as a traditional conditioner.

Thanks, PJD! You rock!

11 comments

  1. LOL you are just too funny and a terrific writer. Glad it worked out for you.
    Product Junkie Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, with PJD - I love your writing style!! :-)

    I'm glad to hear that it worked well. I want to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go PJD! I need to jump on the Redken band wagon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats hot!! nothing like good products!! i hate feeling duped by false claims *grrrrrr*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What!? Now you've got me running to the store on 4.39 a gallon gas. I've gotta have some of that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and PJD got me thinking I am batty for not buying this, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this product, but it sounds like a necessity. I'm definitely going to have to look into to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good product- I've used it in the past. Just found out we have something else in common! I'm 15MuPi94 (Spelman).:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. when are you posting again?its been a week. lol,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used this stuff again this week, and I'm still in love with it!

    Thanks for the writer comments, PJD and BGG. I'm struggling on a story right now, and ya'll really gave me a boost!

    Dominican Enigma - same story is driving me nuts and was late on today's post. Sorry!

    Mischo - Hey Soror! I'm #13BA(FAMU)Spr. '83!!!!

    ReplyDelete